I was determined.
I am 97.6% sure I am successful.
These are always a winner at holiday parties and I have to wait until riiiiiiiiight before the party almost to bake them, or Josh eats them all!
Here is the RECIPE ( aren’t you a lucky duck?)
1. Heat oven to 325* – oven racks at upper and lower middle
2 cups and 2 Tablespoons of flour (I know it seems like a lot, but I think this is key for fluff)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl mix
1 Cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4. Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter in the microwave
5. Pour butter over sugars and mix well.
6. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk ( I usually separate the yolk out by cracking the egg and letting the white fall into a separate container moving the yolk back and forth between shells)
7. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla and mix well.
8. Add dry ingredients and 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips until all is mixed smooth.
9. take 1/4 cup dough at form a ball. break in half and place rough sides up on the baking sheet.
10. Bake until cookies are set around the outer edges, yet centers are still soft and puffy. Around 11-13 minutes. Cool on cookies sheet.